Sunday, October 15, 2006

PERSONAL CHOICE


I am in Naga City for the grand opening of The Coffee Beanery, a client for more than three years now. To say that we "disrupted" the way of life of the people here is to understate. We simply did not open a coffee shop but unveiled a new "lifestyle" made evident by a good mix of Naguenos enjoying our coffee brews and concoctions.

It is almost eleven in the evening and I found no reason to retreat to my hotel because the TCB ambience is too encouraging to write a prose about my own "lifestyle". Hot capuccino is indeed a great mind potion.

TO LOVE AND TO WORK. I could almost see Sigmund Freud in my coffee.

Most of us are more prosperous than ever before. We own more. We're able to get terrific deals. Yet the deepest anxieties of this prosperous new age concern aspects of our lives that can't be bought. Many of us worry about the erosion of family, about our own inadequacies as children, spouses, and parents, about sustaining genuine friendships, about the brittleness of our communities, and about the challenge of keeping intact our own integrity.

I guess I need to have a coffee refill, the emotions and ideas are flowing freely but my wi-fi connection is getting weak. I need to post this one first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home