Sunday, December 23, 2007

Interviewing Tim Part One

The mute lampshade suddenly morphed into a spotlight with Pavarotti on a background in a passionate aria. The location: your living room. The audience: seven different "individuals" who have become your loyal friends these past seven years. They are all stunning, born out of gnarled, but inspired hands of great artists. They are the only ones who could tolerate your loud snoring, and moments of insanity. Their sense of smell is exposed to the sweetest red wine, a sandalwood scent, or even the foul aroma of tuyo coming from your kitchen. You love them for they are devoted to you--- your faithful audience. Tonight, they are putting you on the spot to answer some questions that they have been wanting to ask all these years.

Pavarotti stops.

Tim : Okay shoot, I am ready but would you please allow me to have my brewed coffee first? this would be a long interview right? Who would be the moderator?

Candida : I would be the moderator tonight. I guess I am the most qualified in the group because I am the most cerebral here. I attended Oxford, and that is where I met that bastard lurking in front of Pavarotti.

Mateo : Candida, will you please stop it! We are already history, and you should not get angry with me, besides it is not my fault why I left you.

Tim : Guys, we have not even started and you are already quarrelling? I will stop this interview. Rudy Giuliani is waiting for me since last week. Besides, I have several appointments tonight. I am also in a middle of knowing why Nino Mullach should move over for Sheryl Cruz. My friend Donald is too inquisitive to know the real score. I should see him next week at Fully Booked.

Candida: Oh I am sorry Tim, I just got carried away. That dirty old Mateo is really getting into my nerves. Okay, for my first question. How are you Tim?

Tim: I am good Candida. I have lots of plans this year, and I guess I would be more focused and less distracted this year.

Candida: What do you mean by that statement?

Tim: Oh, I will work to achieve one goal per quarter classified into three areas : personal, professional, and spiritual.

Arcadio : You mean you would be more religious this year?

Tim: I said spiritual not necessarily religious. I think I am not a faithful christian this year, and I want to grow spiritually next year. Maybe I need a community where I could grow as a christian. I hate discussing spiritual concerns, but I know I need this to balance my life.

Mateo: I saw you taking some supplements and medicines. I also noticed that you have been eating too much. Sometimes, I wanted to get out from here and lock your fridge.

Tim : You got me there Mateo. Yeah, I need to watch my weight and be more conscious of my health. I am scheduled to have my physical exam mid of January. Please remind me. You need not lock up my fridge just whistle from there if you think I am eating to much.

Candida: I heard that you are back at San Beda after four years of being absent from the academe. How's the experience so far?

Tim: You know teaching is my passion. I don't teach to have extra income, although my rate has increased this year courtesy of my chairman. It gives me so much joy seeing my students succeed. I guess this is a badge of honor that every teacher would wear forever. I am known to give difficult assignments, and I expect only the best from my students. They are catching up pretty fast although, it is certain that some of them will fail. Did I tell you that I am also pursuing a post graduate course at the Development Academy of the Philippines?

Candida: Great to hear that Tim. I remember my days at Oxford while you are narrating your experience at San Beda. That old Mateo got accepted at Oxford because he excelled in sports while I remain an A student.

Mateo : And because I was the most popular guy in campus, you lured me into liking you because you needed to show me off to compensate for your .... oh never mind.

Candida : Excuse me Mateo, I detest that statement. I was a campus figure even without you. And the nerve to go out with Juliet! that woman is a whore, she is known to have slept with the entire varsity team at Oxford!

Mateo: Candida, don't be bitter. I was actually very surprised that Tim got you to be here. He got me first along with Juliet, probably he saw the chemistry in us . And look at you, Tim put you near his kitchen. Are you some kind of a maid here ?

Tim: I guess this interview is going nowhere. I rather meet Giuliani and Tom Peters in my room.

George Benson took over from Pavarotti while Tom Peters started to rant. This would be a long night for Tim.

Till the next interview.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas, Tim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home